The William Inskeep II Scholarship Award has been established by the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP) to recognize a veterinary student attending the Colorado State University College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences who has an interest in pursuing a career in veterinary pathology. Colonel William Inskeep II served a distinguished 23-year career in the US Army Veterinary Corps, culminating with service as Chair of the Department of Veterinary Pathology until his retirement from active duty in 2003. He was then named Director of Pathology at Merck Research Laboratories, a position he held until his death from melanoma in 2005. Colonel Inskeep earned his DVM degree from Colorado State University in 1980. The William Inskeep II Scholarship Award will be presented to a member of the CSU Student Chapter of the ACVP who demonstrates the highest standards of scholarship and leadership in pursuit of a career interest in veterinary pathology. The recipient will receive a $1,000 award and will be recognized at the ACVP annual meeting.
- The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A student currently enrolled in the veterinary medical curriculum at the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University;
- An active member of the Colorado State University Student Chapter of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists;
- Demonstration of excellent scholarship and leadership while pursuing a career interest in veterinary pathology.
Application and Selection Procedure
- The application packet should contain the following:
- Completed application form Inskeep Application (PDF);
- Letter to the William Inskeep II Scholarship Award Selection Committee, including information on: a) background; b) career goals; c) participation in the Student Chapter of the ACVP;
- Transcript of coursework and listing of class rank in the CSU College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences;
- A letter of support from an ACVP Diplomate (sent in a sealed envelope or e-mailed directly).
- The Selection Committee will announce the winner in October.
- The winner should plan to attend the ACVP annual meeting.
- The completed application packet must be received by September 15. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The recipient of the award will be announced at the ACVP Business Meeting.