Applications for the 2020 Phase I Examination are closed.
Applications for the 2020 Phase II Examination are closed.
See the Important Examination Dates webpage for more information on dates and deadlines.
See the ACVP Certifying Examination Candidate Handbook for detailed information
Fees Effective for 2020:
North American Testing Locations Candidate Fee: $325
International Testing Locations Candidate Fee: $400
Starting in 2020 there are two sponsor forms for the Phase II Examination. If you are taking the exam for your first certification, please use the Phase II Sponsor Form. If you are taking the exam for dual certification, please use the Phase II Dual Certification
Terms of Agreement Form
Phase II Sponsor Form
Phase II Dual Certification Sponsor Form
Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations
The ACVP complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act of 2008 (the ADA) by providing reasonable accommodations. If a candidate has a disability or impairment which may require
special accommodation(s) to take an examination, they must complete the applicable section of the examination application form.
ADA Request Information
Test Accommodations Request Form
Application Process for All Examinations
- Candidates will pay the examination fee at the time of filling out the application. The applicant and Sponsor will receive an email message once the Credentialing Committee has reviewed the documentation and approve the applicant to sit for the examination.
- A recommendation for acceptance, provisional acceptance, or rejection to sit the examination is made by the Secretary/Treasurer and the Credentialing Committee and is reviewed and approved by ACVP Council. A message from the ACVP Executive Office
indicating acceptance, provisional acceptance or rejection will follow ACVP Council review.
- If the applicant's credentials are not accepted, or if a candidate's request to withdraw from the examination is received on or before February 5 (for Phase I) or April 20 (for Phase II), fees are refunded, except for a processing charge. No withdrawal
refunds are made after this date and no fees may be carried over to apply in subsequent years.
- If a candidate applies for both the Phase I and Phase II examinations and fails the Phase I examination, they automatically will receive a full refund for the Phase II examination. No request for withdrawal from the Phase II examination is necessary
for these candidates.
- Withdrawal prior to the examination, or failure to appear for the examination, will not constitute an attempt to sit the examination. A candidate's illness during preparation for, or during the actual examination, will not be considered a valid reason
to waive the rules of the College. In the event a candidate starts, but is unable to complete the examination, results will be reported and will constitute an attempt to sit the examination.
- Individual candidates will be identified only by the unique Identification Numbers assigned them by the ACVP office at the time they apply until the results of the examination are approved by the ACVP Council.
For Phase I, please contact email@example.com.
For Phase II, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.