The application window for the 2018 Phase I and Phase II Certifying Examinations have closed.
Applications for the 2019 Phase I Examination will open September 1, 2018 and close October 15, 2018.
Applications for the 2019 Phase II Examination will open December 1, 2018 and close January 31, 2019.
See the ACVP Certifying Examination Candidate Handbook for detailed information
Terms of Agreement for Admission to the Examinations
Sponsor Verification Form
Test Accommodations Request Form
Application Process for All Examinations
- Once an application is received, candidates will receive an email invoice for the fee payment. This message does not constitute acceptance to sit the examination. The applicant and Sponsor will receive an email message once the Credentialing Committee has reviewed the documentation and approve the applicant to sit for the examination.
- A recommendation for acceptance, provisional acceptance, or rejection to sit the examination is made by the Secretary/Treasurer and the Credentialing Committee and is reviewed and approved by ACVP Council. A message from the ACVP Executive Office indicating acceptance, provisional acceptance or rejection will follow ACVP Council review.
- If the applicant's credentials are not accepted, or if a candidate's request to withdraw from the examination is received by February 6 (for Phase I) or April 20 (for Phase II), fees are refunded, except for a processing charge. No withdrawal refunds are made after this date and no fees may be carried over to apply in subsequent years.
- If a candidate applies for both the Phase I and Phase II examinations and fails the Phase I examination, they automatically will receive a full refund for the Phase II examination. No request for withdrawal from the Phase II examination is necessary for these candidates.
- Withdrawal prior to the examination, or failure to appear for the examination, will not constitute an attempt to sit the examination. A candidate's illness during preparation for, or during the actual examination, will not be considered a valid reason to waive the rules of the College. In the event a candidate starts, but is unable to complete the examination, results will be reported and will constitute an attempt to sit the examination.
- Individual candidates will be identified only by the unique Identification Numbers assigned them by the ACVP office at the time they apply until the results of the examination are approved by the ACVP Council.
Any questions please contact email@example.com