It is my great pleasure to invite you to register for the special Symposium on Translational Retinal Research and Therapies from 1:00 to 6:00pm on November 16th 2017 at the Hill Pavilion in the School of Veterinary Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania. The symposium is being held in honor of one of our most distinguished members of faculty, Dr. Gustavo Aguirre, who this year was the recipient of the ARVO Proctor Medal, the first veterinarian ever to receive this high accolade.
We are delighted to have attracted a distinguished line-up of international speakers for this event, including, other than Dr. Aguirre himself:
· Dr. William Beltran, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of the Division of Experimental Retinal Therapies at the School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
· Dr. John Flannery, Professor of Neurobiology at the University of California, Berkeley
· Professor Alison Hardcastle, Deputy Director of The Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London
· Dr. Samuel Jacobson, Professor of Ophthalmology and Director of the Center for Hereditary Retinal Degenerations and Retinal Function Department at the Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania
· Dr. José-Alain Sahel, Chair of the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and the Department of Ophthalmology, Quinze-Vingts National Eye Hospital, Paris
· Dr. Paul A. Sieving, Director of the National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health
The symposium will be followed by a reception to facilitate networking in a relaxed setting.
There will be no charge for this symposium, but do require participants to register and to commit to attending the whole event.
Symposium check in begins at 12:30pm
Further information about this momentous event and to register may be found at our symposium website: http://trratconference.website2.me/