Dates and Deadlines
Important Information for the 2013 Certifying Examinations
Please note the following examination deadlines for 2013. No exception will
be made to these deadlines.
- Application and fee (and study plan if appropriate) must be submitted no
later than January
10, 2013 to the ACVP Executive Offices.
The fee for all candidates is $700. All applications will
be submitted electronically.
- A message acknowledging receipt of the application will be sent to the applicant
and sponsor. This message does not constitute
acceptance to sit the examination. The sponsor will be requested to respond
to this message to confirm sponsorship.
- Acceptance to sit the examination is determined by the Credentialing Committee
and approved by the Council of the American College of Veterinary Pathologists
generally in February. A message from the ACVP Executive Offices,
announcing acceptance, provisional acceptance (for those candidates who are
required to submit a study plan), or rejection will follow this meeting. Appeal
against rejection as a candidate must be received by the ACVP Executive
Offices within 30 days of
the notification of rejection.
- If an applicant is not accepted to sit the examination, or if a request for
withdrawal from an accepted candidate is received
by the ACVP Executive Offices by March 15, 2013, fees will
be refunded minus a 10% processing charge. No refunds are made after this
date, and no fees may be carried over to apply toward an examination in subsequent
- The 2013 Examination will be held September 17, 18, 19 at
the Scheman Building, Iowa State Center, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
Results of the examination should be mailed within two days of the examination.
- Appeal against the result of the examination, accompanied by a $50 appeal
fee, must be received
by the ACVP Executive Office within 30 days of the mailing of the